Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Stitches in Time.....or rather....Stitches in Lip










Pooh has his father's beautiful Big Blue Eyes....and his fathers adorable little tushy......His infectious grin...and as it looks...his left handedness as well....


so I knew eventually my son would exhibit some small trait that he would get from me.....little did I know it would be my propensity for cluminess.....(sorry little dude)....



The Day before my Brother in Law's wedding.....was a day like any other....and like any other my adorable...little pooh bear....let his feet run away with him....and as he was walking in his grandparents living room...fell over his two left feet....his top tooth going through is bottom lip in the process.....almost ALL the way through....


I have to say I was quite proud of myself...I didn't freak...have heart failure or go into a screaming mimi fit....I think having tended to years of my own self made battle wounds had prepared me nicely for this....

After a good 25 minute struggle to stem the bleeding...I made the executive decision to take him to seek professional care....especially since I still plan on him being a male model in the future...nothing will mar his perfect face...tee hee....


I should have prepared my heart for what was to come....


Watching my little Pooh being strapped down on a board...they affectionately call a papoose...and inject his lip with a needle I swear is better suited for an epidural.....My only thought at the time was to go Jackie Chan on those hurting my baby...and whisk him off....screw modeling....it's over rated anyway....


I have never heard my little man cry so hard....though looking back I think it was more from him being strapped down than anything else....


I held his little restrained hand...and told him I'd get him anything he wanted....a popcicle...a new toy....a well stocked mini bar.....oh wait...that was for me....


The beauty of it all?....as soon as he was un-hooked from the table of doom...and had his orange popcicle in hand...he the happiest little lark in the land....


even waving goodbye to those who had just tortured him....


If only he had known...we'd be back 4 days later to get them removed....


And of course...If Juice had been here....it probably wouldn't have even happened.....He misses all the good stuff.....

15 comments:

Jennifer @ Mom Spotted said...

Awww the poor baby! When my oldest was only 4 he broke his jaw. Before he was transferred to the SICU at Boston's Children's the nurse had to put an IV in him. He kicked her clear across the room.

Hope he feels better soon!

Jill said...

poor baby... I hate that papoose but my baby has to use it when she gets blood drawn..
I feel so bad for his poor lip!

MrsM said...

Poor little guy! It's amazing how resilient kids are. Baby Bug had a bunch of tests done after she had her febrile seizure and during the tests she screamed so bad it made me cry! Still, the minute they put the needles away she sat up and started charming the room.

I think they take it better than we do!

S Club Mama said...

:( poor baby. BUT you know that lefties are clumsier than righties? I read it in What to Expect the Toddler Years. LOL I have 2 lefties on my hands (Big A & Moose). I'm waiting for Moose to really hurt himself

~Trish~ said...

OMGosh poor baby!!! That is the worst thing to have to watch!! Aweeeee!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog :) Oh and they did have a powder puff 'race' at the derby I went too. 4 chicks hitting the crap outta each other LOL

Multiple personalities.. said...

Oh my! Poor baby! I feel your pain SISTah, my son was 9 months old when his big feet got in his way and tripped and slammed his head on the corner of a cabinet, and of course, needed stitches. But don't worry, I'm sure he'll still be able to pursue that modeling career! It was lovely to see you on my blog today! Thanks for stopping by!

Angelj052@gmail.com said...

ohh poor little brave baby..

Unknown said...

Awww! My heart broke for him just seeing him strapped down like that. I know for a fact that my Noah would have thrown a king sized fit if they did that too him! You'd think they would let you hold him at least for the needle.
Glad to hear that it didn't his mood for the rest of the day!

Design It Chic said...

Awwwwwwwwwww poor little guy.. look at him all so brave and sweet! Hope his lip's getting better...

Have a non-boo-boo day!

visiting from SITS

beth said...

poor baby! my youngest boy split his lip when he was 2 requiring ketamine to put him in a "twilight sleep," 10 stitches in his little lip and a plastic surgeon. worst.day.ever. glad he bounced back quickly!
ps - the scar will just add character when he is modeling!

Anonymous said...

Way to be strong Mama! I'm worthless when it comes to being in the doctor's office with my son. I imagine someday in the future they will probably strap ME down so that we can make it through the appointment.
Glad he's better and hope getting them out is easy on both of you!

Meghan said...

That poor, poor baby.

I did the same thing when I was about 4. Teeth thru upper lip. I still have a scar today but that was back in the day when they didn't know what they were doing! LOL

Hope he's feeling better.

BTW, you are featured today on my blog!

Unknown said...

*sigh* yes, my son last year needed stitches on his chin...I about passed out, my daughter on the other hand quite enjoyed watching her brother in pain. Not sure what I think about that.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Noooooooo. What a brave mama you are! Poor little munchkin.

The Redhead Riter said...

for you...

http://theredheadriter.blogspot.com/2009/08/secrets-friends-and-sharing.html