My family and I were Extremely lucky and honored to have Moxie Mona...the Spokeswoman from Moxie Media Drop by for a little visit on the last leg of her Cross Country Journey.
Picking her up from the Philadelphia Airport....She was looking a little tired...from 4 days...and 40 some odd states....but was looking forward to seeing what New Jersey was all about...
Being the fabulous Amazonian woman that she is....and growing up on Paradise Island....she didn't really know anything about New Jersey....she did say though that while on a layover in Chicago her fellow passengers had no trouble relaying their ideas about the Garden State....
She really was starting to wonder how great could New Jersey Be....with people saying phrases like "Big Hair"
"Armpit of the Country",
I told her that being a self proclaimed West Coaster...I myself moved here with many of the same stereotypes running through my head....but I assured her that I would show her that New Jersey really does live up to it's slogan of the Garden State....and that there is much more than Newark and Camden.....(MUCH MORE)
Our First Stop was to one of my Favorite little towns in my neck of the woods....New Jersey is full of Quaint Bouroghs and villages....many which have been around since before the revolutionary War.
*** George Washington Crossed New Jersey 12 Times during the Revolutionary War. Many Historical Buildings in New Jersey, were visited by him ****
Pooh loved showing Mona his favorite Town....and of course it is home to my favorite Fabric Store....which of course we had to go in and check out....little did I know Moxie was a fellow fabric Maven.....
Moxie was also a huge help in being my assistant with the latest photo shoot for Noah Baby Boutique. She is an expert in lighting and backgrounds....
On the Way Home, we showed Mona what a "Jug Handle" is....a way for us to make a left hand turn...by going right......by the end of her stay she still didn't get it.....(that's okay Mona....I've been here almost 3 years and I still don't get it
The following day....We took Mona to a super cute farm/petting zoo.....New Jersey has a large agricultural region...and is actually the 5th largest wine producing state in the country.....Mona and the animals got along quite well....she loved the cut your own flowers....and channeled her inner farm girl sitting in the hay truck....
On our final day....(Mona's trip was fairly short...with other fabulous Blogging ladies to still visit)...we took Mona down the shore...It wasn't exactly like her Paradise Island home...but she did exclaim it was a beautiful view...and just as relaxing....when all you need is surf and sand....
**Cape May (on the southern tip of NJ) has the distinction of being the oldest seashore resort in the United States and one of the most unique. ***
We were so happy that Mona chose Project Mommyhood to be the one to show her the Great State of New Jersey....and she now can go home...and tell everyone back on Paradise Island...that she didn't even see big hair once!
Here are some other interesting facts about the Garden State
- North Jersey has the most shopping malls in one area in the world with seven major shopping malls in a 25 sq. mile radius.
- Jack Nicholson, Bruce Springsteen, Bon Jovi, Redman, Das EFX, Naughty by Nature, Sugar Hill Gang, Lords of the Underground, Jason Alexander, Queen Latifa, Shaq, Judy Blume, Arron Burr, Whitney Houston, Eddie Money, Frank Sinatra, Grover Cleveland, all New Jersey natives.
- New Jersey is home to the Miss America pageant held in Atlantic City.
- The light bulb, phonograph (record player), motion picture projector were invented by Thomas Edison in his Menlo Park laboratory.
- The first baseball game was played in Hoboken
- Modern paleontology, the science of studying dinosaur fossils, began in 1858 with the discovery of the first nearly complete skeleton of a dinosaur in Haddonfield, New Jersey. The Hadrosaurus is the official New Jersey state dinosaur.
**** And Mona....really wants you to enter the Laundry Monster Giveaway on the previous Post....She would enter herself...but doesn't think it would be fair...cause she wins EVERYTHING....So Go...Go NOW...and Enter! *****