Monday, November 9, 2009

A Unique and Special Holiday Gift!


Now that Halloween is past...the skunk costume has been washed and put away....Our Jack-o-lantern was spared a smashing on the street by rowdy children...only to get a more ceremonial depositing in the trashbin....


Thanksgiving is 3 Weeks away.....but even with thoughts of Candied Yams and Maple Glazed Turkey dancing through my head....I also am jumping further into the holiday season by delving into the ever expansive Christmas Shopping List!


Dum Dum Dum......


This Season....my goal is to A) not wait until Dec 21st to get my final gifts bought B) Stick within our pre-set financial budget and C) make the gifts this year thoughtful and special!



Well this morning I can say I've accomplished all three....and gotten my parents and my husbands parents done and done! (thank goodness they don't read this blog)



Being an Etsy Seller....I am also an AVID Etsy Shopper...especially late at night.....when everyone else is sleeping....I my esteemed opinion...it really is THE place to get your holiday shopping done....I can find anything and everything...and event things I didn't know I wanted or needed...but do!


Over the summer I tagged a great shop called Erin Jane Shop. Erin McNulty makes adorable illustrations and prints that are fun, whimsical and unique. I absolutely ADORE her custom family tree prints....they are fantastic....


So imagine my surprise as I'm perusing my October issue of Better Homes and Gardens...when I notice a shout out to her shop! Fantastic.....now I really need to put a jump on it before the rest of the world gets wind of my special find....


So Today I ordered Two Family Trees....I am so thrilled as I know how much our families will LOVE these....They are truly a one of a kind...!


So if you are looking for a special and unique gift idea that is easy on the wallet...but big on heart...this is it!


3 comments:

Lee said...

Cute gift!

Heather@WHMB said...

Wow I'm so impressed! Damnit, now I have to get my lazy ass moving too. Thanks for the inspiration though. :)

Cynthia said...

What a great present. Love the idea. I am so impressed you have started your shopping. Buying from artists on Etsy is a great idea!