Sunday, January 3, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot Like.....


My husband is ready for our second little munchkin.....



As I'm sure with most families, when you go from a family of 3....to a family of 4....room assignments will eventually change....


so did I mention I'm only at 13 weeks as of yesterday?


EVENTUALLY.....or as my husband says.....Procrastination....


hey I got a second bachelors degree in procrastination.....


Two days ago over a fabulous GINORMOUS (yes Ginormous) greasey cheeseburger from our one of 2 million diners....my husband and I began discussing how we would be changing up the rooms....by giving Pooh his big boy room in what is now our guest quarters....thereby freeing up our teeny tiny room as the nursery for Buggie.....


Now in my pregnant woman's mind....I'm thinking.....I've got at least another 3 months before I need to start even picking out paint colors.....


NOT so for mister .....yeah I get to make messes and then make more messes.....


So last night as I'm getting my butt crease all perfect in the couch....and The NCIS crew coming on....I see my husband carting out EVERYTHING from the guest room....


"Um What is that your doing over there?"


"Getting ready to prime the walls and knock out the closest"


"Um Why?"


"Cause it needs to get done..."


"Now?"


"Why not now?"


"Cause NCIS is coming on?"


"you are a procrastinator"


Now if we were having this conversation a day before the baby comes....I can see his point...truly....but seriously 13 weeks?.....


So as all good wives go.....I shut up and colored.....while he proceeded to make my route to the bathroom near impassable.....


Ah the joys of impending fatherhood........

7 comments:

Lee said...

That's sweet that he's getting it done now!! My husband would have hired someone last minute to do it.

S Club Mama said...

won't you be so happy when it's done, though? :)

A New England Girl said...

Ah, better done early than rush, rush, rush at the end. :)

Roxane said...

aww its nice that he wants to do things right away :) at least he's not telling you to help LOL

The Mrs. said...

I just cleaned out the babys room.....he's four months old.

nuff said.

Evolving Mommy Catherine said...

I say let him work it he wants to and then there will be less for you when you do decide you are ready and motivated to do it.

GinSalas said...

Ah, just sit back and let him do it! Congratulations Mommy! :-)