Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Toddler + Paint = Redecorating project


So I had this ingenius Idea for a very cool...and very special present to send to daddy while he is away....

At least I have to give myself credit for a) choosing to do this project outside, and b) making sure the budding artist was expressing his creativity in nothing but his skivvys....

After a few test runs on our front sidewalk....my future picasso got to work creating an amazing one of a kind art piece for Daddy!
I'm learning that sometimes you just have to let them go....and make those messes.....



Seeing the joy and excitement....was totally worth the fact that there is still paint on the sidewalk....
and just for the record....that wasn't supposed to be part of the surprise.....oops


I'm thinking next time I get an ingenius Idea to do something special for Daddy....I'll remember how long it took me to scrub paint from a sidewalk....or trying to get some from behind an ear.....





Sometimes you get discouraged
Because I am so small
And always leave my fingerprints
On furniture and walls
But every day I'm growing --
I'll be grown some day
And all those tiny handprints
Will surely fade away

So here's a little handprint
Just so you can recall
Exactly how my fingers looked
When I was very small








Layla Grayce sale banner featuring products for home, children and women. 468x60 jpg

6 comments:

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

I love that poem. I got it once from the boys on a mom's day gift in from preschool. So sweet. What a good mom you are letting paint get everywhere!!!! Daddy will love his gift for sure!

Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma, What's For Dinner
www.mawhats4dinner.com

Kristine Mullen said...

Stopping by from SITS! Looking forward to reading more of your blog posts.

http://ourporchswing.blogspot.com

Ms. Understood said...

Stopping by from SITS. That was a very cute poem and gift idea.

I'm a full-time mummy said...

Hi Lesley!

Greetings from Malaysia again! Just want to say thank you for dropping by my blog on my SITS day. You can read the aftermath of my whole day SITting episode at this link:
http://imafulltimemummy.blogspot.com/2010/05/afternath-of-whole-day-sitting.html

Thank you again and hope to see you back here sometime! :D

Warmest Regards,
Jenny aka I'm a full-time mummy
(http://imafulltimemummy.blogspot.com/)

Btw, love those pictures!

Domestic and Damned said...

Art outside is always a good idea.

Came from SITS to say hi

Unknown said...

That is such a good poem.

I love the pictures! Especially the one of him reaching up in the air. He's such a little cutie. I'm sure Daddy will love his gift!