Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Hittin The Road



As I write this....It is WAY too early in the morning, and I'm trying to multi task by blogging and combing the rats nest out of my hair, while slurping down my LARGE sized Dunkin Donuts Iced Coffee...

Extra Cream and Sugar....


It is time for the FAM to hit the road....burn rubber...and doing whatever else people do when driving at 2:00 AM....when in my opinion, no self respecting person should be awake.


I think the idea of the early departure...is the hope that the chit-lins will be sawing logs during the majority of the drive.....


I'm taking bets though on how quickly the first melt down will happen.....

The pot is up to $10.....and my last pack of strawberry bubble yum


Aside from the drive that will test the limits of my sanity....the trip is going to be one amazing time.


We're taking ourselves out of the city....and planting us smack dab in the heart of midwestern farm country.....a place where this Oklahoma Born....and Small Town Colorado raised girl can get back to her roots....
There will be County Fairs, Corn fields....cow poo....and my all time fave....the Demo Derby....
If I survive the drive back in one piece...I'm sure I will have Many Stories...and Tons of pictures to share....
and maybe even $10 bucks and a pack of strawberry bubble yum richer!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck on the trip! I hope you have lots of fun (and no meltdowns!!)

Heather Jones said...

Wow! what an adventure!! In a Winnebago no less! I'm sure the country pictures are coming soon. I'm a country girl at heart too....born in Tyler Texas.





Mommy Only Has Two Hands!

The Write Girl said...

I hope you have an awesome trip. I'm sure you'll get some amazing sky and scenery for photos. I like your writing style. Very fun and humorous :)