Thursday, August 5, 2010
I really feel I have been doing a good job of not turning a very attractive shade of green, over the fact that I am not attending BlogHer this year.....especially over the fact that had I attended....it would only cost me a whopping $14.50 in train fair to get my sassy tuckus up to the Big Apple to party with my fellow bloggy-istas.....I know I know.....
I really didn't feel like coming home after an amazing weekend of Bloggy Goodness....to find myself in the midst of divorce....as I'm not sure the Hubster is quite ready to tackle the challenge of a toddler and a newborn alone yet.....The men, just aren't as tough as we women folk are.....
So instead of doing the BlogHer thing this year....I'm having even more fun being a part of the the Blogher'10 Pity Party sponsored by Tina at Life Without Pink and Lori at Mommyfriend!!!
Here are the Top 5 Reasons I so WISH I was at Blogher'10:
1. Getting to Feel like I've made the Big Time by holding that Blogher' Ticket
2. Spending a Childless weekend in the City that Never Sleeps (though I probably would)
3. Meeting the women behind the reason my husband has to talk to the back of my head...
4. The Opportunity to Get my name and Blog Brand out there!!!
5. The New Wardrobe.....I mean....seriously.......a MUST!
Here are the 5 Reasons I tell Myself....Blogher...who needs it!
1. Having that same feeling as I did my freshman year of highschool
2. Having to leave a party early to go pump
3. Husband calling every hour because he doesn't know where the baby Tylenol is
4. Meeting one of my Fave Bloggers....and then calling her by another bloggers name
5. Calling the husband every hour because I'm worried about why the kids need baby Tylenol.
Soooooo.....As other amazing Bloggy Mamas are having an AMAZING time...schmoozing it up, letting their hair down, and partying like it's 1999 (cuz that's when most of us were wild and crazy....and I KNOW there's gonna be a beer bong....or foam party there somewhere)
I secretly know they are green with envy at my watching Phineas and Pferb in my pjs.....folding my 5th load of laundry....and fishing bath toys out of the toilet.....