Monday, August 23, 2010

The Sweet Life


A picture is worth a thousand words, and I've decided that this picture truly expresses how my last week went....in a way NO words could accurately describe......

I can never get enough of our trips to Ohio and I think I can honestly say I might even take playing in corn fields, stuffing my face with Texas Tenderloins and drowning myself in Lemonade Shakeups over lying on a white sand beach somewhere drinking Mai Tai's and getting a sunburn....

I am not ashamed to admit that I am so very lucky....not only am I blessed with my super sexy, generous and loving Hubs, but he brought with him, his lovely, wonderful, amazing, funny....did I say amazing family. I could not have dreamt up a better family (besides my own) to have my children be a part of....

and spending 5 days with them, always makes me want kiss city/suburban life goodbye forever....and fall in love with living the country life.....

and this time was no exception...

This last week has, as usual been a fabulous, fantastic and utterly exhausting vacation, full of my three favorite F words....Family, Food and Fair.....I've laughed until I've cried, gained about 5 lbs, and lost $10 and my bubble yum on a dare. I've stepped in pig poo, cow poo and I think something else I think might be some sort of poo.....

and even though I'm so very happy to be home where I can sleep in my own bed....

and oh, how I missed decent water pressure.....

There is something to be said about well water that leaves your hair so soft, towns where everyone is on a first name basis, and summer nights where all you hear are the crickets and the occasional lowing of a cow..

There was always a free shoulder for Ryan to lay his head on, a free hand for Noah to hold, and someone to share a good laugh or my funnel cake with.......

finding the last bit of powdered sugar on my shirt this afternoon as I am unpacking, is just another reminder of how I devoured this entire last week, and HOW sweet enjoying your family can really be.

...to be continued...



1 comments:

Babes Mami said...

I am both jealous and so happy for you! I too would pick the country over the beach, I love the beach but I always have fun at home.