Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Etsy...Here I come




September 24, 2008...9:35 pm...



Etsy Here I come....I am the new proud owner of my own shop....It was a whirlwind decision...let me tell you...to put my own creations amongst the amazingly creative and talented shops already in existence...but I'll try my hand at it....I feel like what I have to offer is different than what is out there already...the bottom line is....I just love being creative for Noah...if others end up liking my work...even better....


I have to say I am super proud of my latest piece to add to Noah's ever expanding wardrobe...My little muse and I took a jaunt to the fabric store and came across this great, funky retro inspired pattern...and I purchased it having absolutely no clue what I'd do with it....and on my coffee table it sat for a few days...me staring at it...probably too hard..for nothing was coming to me...not even with my muses guidence of giggles and squeals. ...as I'm watching him roll around on the floor..he rolls underneath this print I have of a Michael Kahn Photograph...and I had it...so here it is...Noah's Sailboat Onesie....I heat fused the applique onto the piece...and then hand stitched the piece with embroidery floss for not only deisgn aethsetic but also to make sure it would hold up to washings....I love it...I think it has to be one of my favorite pieces so far...Today his sailboat was paired with a great pair of jeans and his blue tennis shoes...quite the fashion plate I must say...I think any boy would look quite dapper...I think I may have something here...I think girls would like it too..change the fabric...and voila......I realized that I think too hard sometimes...and completely overlook great inspirations....(good lesson learned)...


Take a look....and come by the shop....I'm excited to share my stories about each piece...and stories of the muse.....

0 comments: