Monday, October 6, 2008

Pumpkin Picking at It's Finest...





Living in Phoenix Arizona.....you find you forget how absolutely fabulous the start of fall can be. There, the start of Fall is marked only by the temperature finally dipping below the century mark...so moving to New Jersey last year was really my first taste of all four seasons since leaving my hometown in Colorado right after college...


Now...I want to share with Noah...all the great things that represent autumn...and what better way than a jaunt to the local Pumpkin Patch...and let me say what a jaunt it was...


My first advice...DON'T go on a weekend day....can we say chaos???...Noah was quite patient with waiting in line for the hayride..(I think he just enjoyed being outside)...and once on the wagon being pulled by the old tractor...he was in little boy heaven...I thinkt the smell of fresh hay and dirt gets any little boy perky....even Daddy was feeling a little more lively....


Once at the patch...you almost feel overwhelmed by the size of where you are going to search for your perfect pumpkin....Noah wanted to touch every pumpkin we came across....and the leaves....and the dirt....he may have a future as a pumpkin farmer I think....


Up and down the aisles...and of course every time we found one...I would spy one across the way I think I liked better....poor Justin had to hold all my finds..while I would go tromping across the patch Noah in tow....


But after 30 minutes of searching...the two most perfect pumpkins in the patch were on the hayride back to be placed on our front porch....


Driving home with the windows down....I could smell that smell that only comes when fall has finally arrived...one part nature...one part wood smoke...one part nip in the air....it was awesome...


So now that Fall is kicked off into high gear....there will now be the Sundays watching football...the nights out at the firepit....making yummy baked goods that you only want when it's cold out, the wearing of fabulous sweaters and jackets...I think I'm in heaven....


1 comments:

Dorkys Ramos said...

Oh my goodness he is too cute for words!!!