Thursday, October 23, 2008

All I Want For Christmas....




Well, Daddy is off to the Wild Blue Yonder....otherwise known as the Middle East. By the pictures I've seen, it looks to be a far cry from blue. So I'll amend that to the Wild Brown Yonder.





Our Goodbye Ceremony for his deployment goes a little differently than the flag waving, fanfare that is on the local 6 o'clock news.

5:30 A.M. Alarm Goes off....knock it off the nitestand trying to punch snooze...

6:15 A.M. I realize it is "6:15"...Shake Hubby awake...he jumps out of bed, still half asleep to quickly pee, shave and get on his flight suit...not necessarily in that order....
I'm trying to get Noah from the crib to the car seat without waking him...hoping the long car ride will extend what sleep I can salvage.
6:45 A.M ..everyone and everything is packed in the car and ready to go....6:50 make that quick pit stop to WaWa for his snack provisions (it's a 13 hour flight with no flight attendants or snack service)...I have to get my grande coffee (I am so gonna need it)
7:30 A.M. make it to the 32nd ARS squadron...where he pulls in....and in record time it seems throws his bags on the curb...gives Noah a big hug and kiss....and then hands me $60 and tells me "go buy yourself some clothes"....ha...like that will make me feel better that he's leaving for two months....well maybe a little better....
7:35 A.M...one final hug and kiss...and I'm driving back home...listening to Preston and Steve and laughing through the tears I swore I wouldn't shed this time....
Not so exciting...not so noteworthy....but it works for me....wouldn't want the rest of the world to see me at 7:30 in the morning anyway....not a pretty sight....don't think I brushed my teeth even....oh well....

When I think about it though...(even though sometimes I do like playing the poor pititful me card...but usually only on the way home) there actually are two silver linings I have to this whole "deployment" thing....okay....three...
1. He'll be coming home on Christmas Day....I told him...just hitch a ride with Santa on his way through...Plus wouldn't he just look all sexy wrapped up under my Christmas Tree....rawr...
2. It IS only 2 months...I could be not so spoiled and have him gone for 12-18 months like so many other families....I would hate it more...if Pooh ended up being almost 2 years old when he finally came home...that is missing a lot of your families life....so thank god for small mercies...
3. They really do have it pretty easy compared to many others...the pics and videos they send prove they do end up having some fun....I guess they need to blow off steam somehow....and this time I hear they even have dorm rooms instead of tents....oooohhhhh big time.....again thank god for small mercies right????




Now it's 60 days and counting....at least I have time for uninteruppted Christmas Shopping...and he can't snoop.....HA.....any time I can twart his covert espionge operations....definitely a point for me....whoop whoop


So here's to the my Sexy Airman....and the Crew of the 380th....Keep Ballin....Stay Safe!!! And see you Soon....

12 comments:

everyday mom of one said...

I have enjoyed reading your blog. My SIL has a husband in active duty. I think military wives are some of the strongest woman around.

Meaghan said...

If you like coffee you need to get in on my Giveaway! To celebrate the launching of my online coffee shop, Get The Bean,I am giving away 1 pound of coffee (or chai or herbal tea if you prefer) every Friday in October. To enter visit:

www.getthebean.blogspot.com

If you are interested in a chance to get money for the cancer charity of your choice for an entire year go to:

www.gtbfightscancer.blogspot.com

Or just visit our site:

www.getthebean.com

Lindsey said...

We love you all so much! We're so proud of Justin! I can't wait to see you and Noah at Thanksgiving. I wish I could be there to give you a big hug right now! Call me anytime....you are the best sister and I love you!!! =)

Unknown said...

This is my first visit to your blog, count on me coming back, I love it...

Tiffany said...

Congrats on being Saucy this week! Great blog. I'm praying for the safety of your husband.

Bramblemoon Farm said...

I think I would be just like you-- I wouldn't be able to handle anything big. You, by the way, are very brave. I know he is too, and I so appreciate what he is doing, but I know how hard this must be for you too:) {{HUGS}}

Pamela said...

Just wanted to say Hang in There! My husband is leaving in Feb to go over there, not lookin forward to it, but they gotta do what they gotta do! That's why we love them! I know you are counting the days!
Happy SITS day by the way!

Unknown said...

Found you through SITS. I'll be praying for your family as your hubby goes through this deployment. Thanks so much to him for his loyal service to our country, and to you for "keeping the home fires burning". Blessings!

Nimue926 said...

Congrats on being a saucy blog. I enjoy your site. I can't imagine how you and other military moms do it! I have a hubby that is home daily and I can't imagine if I had to "do it all" on my own.

Stephanie said...

WaWa coffee is the best.
Prayers for your DH!

April Kennedy said...

hey...congrats on being a saucy blogger...from another saucy blogger this week also!

so...east coast are you? wa wa (we stopped there for batteries while I was in labor - never had heard of a wa wa's before- it made us giggle evertime we said it)...hubby was in the Air Force (Dover AFB) and we were stationed there for four years. he was deployed quite a few times for 3 months at a time...once when I was 4 months pregnant...he missed the whole belly growing thing and came home to a wife with a basketball shoved up her dress look!

hang in there. at least you have Noah {i think that was your son's name...i hope i got it right!} to cuddle and hug. And at least it isnt' a Korea tour....talk about sucking. Hubs left when our baby was 4 months old and missed the whole darn first year. But we all managed to survive and it sounds like you are too. I used to cry for the first day or so when hubby left and then get into a routine.

also keeping fingers crossed that the planes don't break down and he does come home Christmas morning! Tell him to start trying a few days before hand to bump someone else coming home...so he is sure to make it!

i told my hubs first shirt that if he didn't get my hubby on the next plane home that HE would be holding my hand when I delievered this baby. Hubs was home 3 days later...haha! he is now out of the service, but we still pray for our servicemen and their families regularly.

enjoy all the comment love...happy sauciness

Dorsey said...

You are SOO getting added to my reader!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the video! Its always great when those guys get to blow off some steam and have some fun.