Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Finalist #7: Meet The Mrs @ Trying Our Best



I am very excited to introduce our 6th finalist....a uber funny....amazingly witty....super preggo....and one heck of a mama!!!...I think she's written about most things I've thought about: ie: beefs with public restrooms....and has on many occasions turned a frustrating afternoon with a toddler around...by giving me a moment to almost pee my pants laughing.


For that...I was super pleased that she made it to the next round!!!! And here's to hoping she's added a new edition to her family by the time the winner is announced!!!


1. In your opinion, what makes a great, readable blog?

I like a blog with approachability, a sense of humor and honesty, one that shows a whole picture of the blogger, not just the picture perfect snapshots. Real is perfect I think.

2. What traits do you think our mommy blogger of the year should possess?

I think quite simply, mommy blogger of the year should be able to roll with the punches of motherhood. To take the ups with the downs, the vomit and poop with the giggles and smiles, and to be able to turn them into great blog fodder! No size requirement, no need for make up or spanx, it shouldn't matter if she has 15 kids or just one, she should just be able to enjoy the ride of mommydom with the sense of humor it requires. And lack of shame.

3. Why are mommy bloggers so important today?


Motherhood can be tough and it can be lonely, and there is a heck of a learning curve, but putting my thoughts and stories out there helped me to see that holy poop! I'm not the only one who maybe feeling like this. Or the only one who has forgotten to feed my children lunch. Multiple times. There is something very comforting in knowing you're in the trenches with a lot of other incredible moms.

4. If you were stuck on a deserted island...what 3 things would you take?


Is there going to be wi-fi on said island? I'd take a giant pallet of coca cola,
as much toilet paper as I can, and books... lots of books.



5. What is probably the best mom story you have?


I was at the park for a playdate, another mom came up and when she saw the mom I was with she said quite surprised "Oh your in the mom's club?". I had never heard of the mom's club, it turns out the mom I was with is the president of said mom's club. After explaining that I didn't know anything about the mom's club the one mom kept going on and on repeating "Oh so you're NOT in the mom's club." It was just one big old awkward mom moment, but honestly, it pretty much sums up what motherhood can be like sometimes! Awkward but great blog fodder.

6. What do you plan on doing if you win our Mommy Blog of the Year Contest? (Going to Disneyland?)


I'm hoping that I will be so excited that I will spontaneously give birth. But I'd also like to think that the boys in my house will raise me up on their shoulders and worship me as they should. Perhaps they will fan me with palms as they feed me bon bons. Or I could just go about my day wiping butts and fixing meals with the knowledge that my mad mommy blogging skills are appreciated by others. The latter is the more likely scenario.

7. What do you want the public/readers to know about you?


I am what I am. I'm a mom, yup a mom, I wipe butts, cook meals (don't worry I wash my hands after wiping the butts), kiss boo boos,read stories, clean up vomit, and I love it. Ok so maybe there are some moments that I doubt my sanity but all in all, I am right where I want to be, at home with my little ones being my kids mom.




Get To Know The Mrs. Better....Here are her 3 Fave Posts...

And This Is Why - Urinal Cakes at their finest


Got Me Thinking - I also wonder if my little guy will follow in his dad's footsteps...and am I prepared for that.

Princess And Pee - I am laughing so hard...I can't stand it...."his willy nilly...all willy nilly".....hilarious...snort snort....



OKAY...SO I AM IN TOTAL BELIEF THAT THE COOLEST THING TO COME OUT OF ROCKLAND COUNTY, NEW YORK...AND PROBABLY ONE OF THE COOLEST PLACES ON ETSY HOBO CAMP CRAFTS HAS BEEN AMAZING IN GIVING OUR WINNER A TOTALLY FUN...FUNKY AND UNIQUE COFFEE CUFF!!!....HOW COOL WILL OUR MOMMY BLOGGER OF THE YEAR BE, WHILE CHILLIN AT THE LOCAL JAVA PLACE...CUP OF COFFEE...WITH ONE COOL CUFF...AND BLOGGING ABOUT THOSE AMAZING THINGS THAT MAKE HER OUR MOMMY BLOGGER OF THE YEAR.



3 comments:

Expat Barbie said...

I think it's wonderful that you are celebrating other mama bloggers out there ... thank you for culling such great material for our reading pleasure ...

s.

Expat Barbie said...

Incidentally, I love the 'Honest Mommy Moment' button... Made me smile.

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

"The Mrs." is one of my favorites too...!

-Andrea