Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Bbq Chicken Pizza


You know the age old question....if you were stuck on a deserted island....what three things would you bring....

well besides a boat....so I could actually get off the island....I would have to put a lifetime supply of BBQ and Pizza up there as part of my "top three" things.....Then.....one night....back in the early 2002....I was introduced to something spectacular....that would not only shake up my limited culinary box....but also allow me to combine two of my three "island" things.....and leave room for a new third item.....

a lifetime supply of chocolate....

GENIUS!

This finger licking, napkin needing, delicious pizza....will shoot anyone to the top of their cooking game, and it's so stinking easy!!!!


Ingredients


or as Teresa from the RHONJ likes to say....."ingredients-es"

1 lb  skinless chicken breast halves
(best to get the thin sliced chicken breasts)

1 1/3 C. purchased bbq sauce
6 oz. shredded Gouda cheese
6 oz. crumbled Feta cheese

16 oz. purchased Pizza Crust
(I like Boboli)

1/2 medium purple onion sliced into rings
1/4 C. fresh Cilantro


Directions


in a large resealable bag, combine the chicken breasts with half of the bbq sauce (2/3 C.) Marinate in the fridge anywhere from 4 hours to overnight.

Preheat oven to 450 degrees

heat grill pan to medium high.  Cook chicken flipping on each side to cook evenly.  Cook 15-20 minutes, or until juices run clear, and chicken is no longer pink.  Cut chicken into small pieces.

Spread the remaining 2/3 C. bbq Sauce onto purchased pizza crust.  Sprinkle with Cheeses, top with onion and chicken.  Place pizza in oven, and cook for 12-15 minutes.

Remove Pizza from Oven.  Sprinkle with fresh Cilantro.






2 comments:

Pam said...

Oh! That looks so good! I discovered bbq chicken pizza at a nearby restaurant a couple of years ago. (And it's my FAVORITE.) Now I can make my own! Thanks for sharing.

Laura Side Street said...

Oh wow this looks sooooo yummy, I still haven't found a really great pizza recipe so I am going to try this for sure, minus the chicken (to make it veggie)
Lovely photography as always

Laura x
www.sidestreetstyle.com