Sunday, August 23, 2009

Finalist(s) #5: Meet The Fab Fatties


I received quite a few nods for these two ladies.....and am glad they did get nominated....These sassy chica's...help, support and talk about issues that so many other mama's are going through....as well as adding in fabulous family stories that are so relatable....I love their honesty....approach.....and demeanor......


1. In your opinion, what makes a great, readable blog?

Keeping it real, being honest, and being able to laugh at yourself and life.

2. What traits do you think our mommy blogger of the year should possess?

Fab Fattie charm lol, whit, sense of humor, well rounded and cover a variety of topics, yet represent the real life of an everyday mom.

3. Why are mommy bloggers so imporant today?

It is reassuring to see that mommies, no matter where they are, they are dealing with the same things. Mommy bloggers offer support, friendship, and encouragement.

4. If you were stuck on a desereted island...what 3 things would you take?

Shannon:
Chocolate, Twilight and a cell phone.

Angie:
Lap top, Chris Daughtry and nail polish.

5. What is probably the best mom story you have?

Shannon:This story still makes me laugh I just have to choose this one:
I have to share this story. Last night Carson had a friends birthday party and Lawrence took care of everything and got him to the party. When I got home I asked Lawrence how it went. He started telling me about how proud of Carson he was. When they were getting the present together for his friend, Carson said he wanted to make a card all by himself so Lawrence let him do it. When Carson got done Lawrence read the card. He could not believe how nice it was. When I got home that is the first thing Lawrence told me about and he said some of the things that were on it and how proud he was of Carson for being so sweet. The only thing was that he wished he would have made a copy of it to show me. We sat and talked about how great our kid is and it was a shame I did not get to see the card. While we were talking I noticed a pile of papers on the table. In the pile was a birthday card Carson got from Grandma and Grandpa in July. I opened it and started reading it. I asked Lawrence if this is what Carson’s super sweet card to his friend said. He looked at it and we both started laughing. When we finally were able to talk again after laughing so much the first thing I said was “you should know better than that his la st name is Lavery!” When Carson came in I said “I heard you made a nice card for your friend.” He then replied “yeah I copied it out of my card because I could never spell all of that right by myself!”We are still laughing about this!Lesson to us…1st-never think a Lavery can come up with all of that nice stuff by himself.2nd even if he did he would not share it with anyone.3rd if the spelling is correct he cheated!

Angie: There is always the typical... kid pulling my shirt so far down in the front Playboy looks modest, toddler calling the wrong man daddy really loud in the store, screaming tempertantrums in the store, and so many more, but the story that stick out to me the most and is one that really made me feel like a mommy was after I had my second child I was watching a show on TV with my oldest, then 3 1/2 years old. He laughed and said "look at that big fat ghost." It made me wonder what he thought about me and my size. I said "Is mommy fat like that ghost?" He responded "no". I then asked "is mommy skinny?" I was hoping for a yes and he responded "no". Okay... I then asked "Well, what is mommy?" I will never forget his response and it truly changed the way I think about myself. He said "you're a mommy" like I was silly to even ask. I relized he doesn't care if my body isn't perfect... he loves me for who I am=2 0and because I love him. Children are amazing and really love people for what's inside their hearts and not what the world sees.

6. What do you plan on doing if you win our Mommy Blog of the Year Contest? (Going to Disneyland?)

Shannon:
Going through the gift bag and taking first pick before Angie gets chance to see it.

Angie:
Get a shirt printed that says Mommy Blogger of the Year before Shannon gets the idea! :)


7. What do you want the public/readers to know about you?

We are just like anybody else, we have struggles and hard times, the greatest joys of our lives are our family and we aim to create the best life for them in our tiaras and capes!

How to Be Parent's of the Year: Eat Cookie in Form of Oklahoma (check)....set the alarm 12 hours off...(check)...make sure you have your get out of jail cards....(check and check)



...To Do It All: It's a Crazy 5 ring circus....and I think I have my own Lions and Tigers and Bears.....



Fabulous Fattie News: Love the Vlog!!!...and the Zebra Table Cloth....Fierce!!!







Now Our Mommy Blogger Winner or Winners need some good ole fashioned Pampering....and Cozy Moments - Bath and Body.....has given us some oh la la....scrumptious products...(I soooo don't want to give them up.....NOOO don't make me.....) With names such as Buttercream Frosting....and Pumpkin cheesecake....Our winner will be good enough to eat.....!!!










0 comments: