Monday, March 29, 2010

What was I Thinking?



Maybe it's because it's raining.....or maybe it's the fact that it's Monday Morning....or perhaps it's mainly due to those potent pregnancy hormones that are raging in my system.....well whatever it is....today I'm wondering

Why the heck I have three dogs?

What in THE H-E double Chopsticks were we thinking?

Now maybe if they were the loafy....lazy.....big blob of fur type dogs...

Instead I've got the Diaper Genie Destryoing.....stare at you while your eating....snoring like a lumberjack.....ultra shedding type dogs.....

I actually thought that this morning I would for once in a this century get to sleep in past 6....The Munchkin was still quiet in his room (which by the way could be good...or bad)...but as I turned over in a sleepy haze...I noticed 6 brown eyes...and 3 wet noses 3 inches from my face....When I didn't initially show any signs of moving.....they took being annoying up one notch....and that's when the whining began......

so I reluctently got up....while giving them the stink eye....in which they gave a hearty and celebretory bark.....Waking up Noah in the process...

Thank you soooooo very much....
Now that wouldn't be so bad in and of itself....however our German Shepard Skarlet, who on a normal day is kind of a diva/drama queen....is now in heat.....If you've never had a dog in heat....let's just say I'm with Bob Barker on Spaying and Neutering your pets.....this 65 lb dog has turned into ....a woman....pms, insatiable appetite, whininess, and mood swings included.....
Too bad dog's can't have chocoalate.....
Now this morning.....after the wake up call, the PMSing German Shepard, and being bowled over on the way to the food bins....I'd just about hit my...."Mama's had enough...you all are staying outside all day....and I don't care that it's pouring rain" point....when, I get this face....
drats......

If they weren't so stinking cute....or lovable......
What were we thinking?

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Awww....dogs do get away with a lot thanks to their cuteness! At least you can have dogs. Our condo doesn't allow it. =(

Cindy said...

Oh, but your dogs are so cute... that's why they get away with so much. I love dogs, but the small overly barking annoying ones like chihuahuas ;) thanks for visiting my blog and giving me some encouragement

SITSta

Evolving Mommy Catherine said...

Hopefully doggie-PMS is over soon. My parents had a beagle that had very interesting reactions to being heat.

Chelsey - The Paper Mama said...

Wow, I've been gone for a while. I didn't know you were preggo! Congrats!
-chelsey

Michelle said...

Pets are so cute but so much work! We have decided at this phase in our life we are happy without any pets despite our children's pleas for a pet. I tell them when they grow up and have a house of their own they can have as many pets as they want.