Monday, April 5, 2010

Flexibility....What's That?

First of all, does anyone else find this picture a tad bit disturbing? Yeah, me Neither....


It's been a week....a REAL week....It's time again for the Project Mommyhood Family's Bi-annual Deployment to the Middle East.....


The BIGGEST thing that I've learned while being a Military Spouse is the idea of being ....flexible......very flexible....(and NOT in the way I'm sure my husband would prefer)


I'm always completely aware that the Mr. has to leave us here in Beaut-i-ful New Jersey...and spend a fabulous 77 days in hot...un-friendly....I'm not even sure exactly where he is....somewhere near Iraq...However, it really doesn't seem like to much to ask to get more than 14 days notice of when said deployment will take place....and Since I swear the USAF is in bed with Murphy and his stupid laws....they always give notice within days of me finally feeling comfortable enough to make plans....


This time?...His Deployment has conviently landed on Easter Sunday...Luckily for us, the Easter Bunny is on Speed Dial along with Santa, so we were able to get him to deliver Noah's Basket a Day Early...such a nice bunny...of course we had to pay him an extra service charge....but it was worth it.


So, now it's time to be flexible again....with being Mommy and Daddy.....doing Dishes and Trash Duty.....figuring out how a 7 month pregnant woman mows the lawn..I'll be sure to take pics of that....


And just being grateful that he'll be home a full 4 weeks before the baby comes....which by the way is still nameless...but we are always taking suggestions!




4 comments:

Mammatalk said...

Hang in there, little mamma!

Michelle said...

Yuck! It seems like your hubby was just deployed. I guess a lot of families are going through this now. Hubby's Navy friends are almost all on subs so it seems like most of them haven't had to deploy to the middle east. I'll be thinking of you.

P.S. Pay someone to mow your lawn. It will be totally be worth it for the time he is gone!

Maureen said...

The picture makes me cringe!
Although I'm not from a military family, I can relate to playing Mommy & Daddy alone since my husband used to work in China for one year and in that year we only got to spent 2 months together.

Agree with the previous poster, you might want to hire someone to mow the yard.

You and so many families in your situation are so brave, the home front these man and woman from the military really are their strong spouses. :)

Stopping by SITS btw.

Life Without Pink said...

I give military wives so much credit, I don't know how you do it. I couldn't imagine what you go through, you are so strong! I agree you should have someone mow your lawn...being that pregnant and the heat be careful!